Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Suctioning Away a Yellow Jacket!

If you've read this blog at all, you've probably figured out by now that any bug my family or I come in contact with will become a topic.  So, here's the latest!  This is your average car wash vacuum:


Last week, it became my weapon!  My boys and I were at the car wash vacuuming out the car when my 8 year old says, "Mama, there's a yellow jacket in the car!"  After watching it a minute, it flew out.  Great, I thought.  Problem solved.  Then we watch as he circles around the car and flies back in landing on my 2 year old's head.  Before my son had even realized what was happening, I vacuumed the intruder right off his head, much to my other boys' delight.  We all laughed, and I think I might have briefly earned some cool mom points!  

Yellow Jacket: photo by E.R. Degginger; fcps.edu


No comments:

Post a Comment